Due to concerns surrounding COVID-19, The Event has been Cancelled this Year
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the THIRD SAUDI MOVEMENT DISORDERS CONFERENCE in Jeddah, on 13-14 November 2020.
This follows the success of the first Saudi meeting on Advanced Parkinson’s Disease in Dubai, UAE on 31 March – 01 April 2017, and the second Saudi meeting on Parkinson Disease and Other Movement Disorders in Jeddah, on 12-13 April 2019.
Our meeting this year is a continuation of the previous events, but focusing more on therapies in Parkinson disease and other movement disorders. Our young neurologist colleagues will also have their opportunity with dedicated workshops that review different movement disorders topics and effective communication with Parkinson Disease patients.
- On Friday 13 November, morning sessions will cover therapeutic advances in Parkinson disease medical and surgical management, in addition to advances in non-motor complications management.
- The afternoon session will feature open discussion with senior movement disorders specialists about their tips for success, a video session of interesting cases submitted by colleagues for discussion then a workshop on motivational interviewing of patient and how to help them take decisions to change.
- Gala dinner will be on Friday evening.
- On Saturday 14 November, morning sessions will cover advances in management of tremor, dystonia, myoclonus and tics, tardive syndromes and ataxia.
- The afternoon will include 2 parallel workshops for attendees to choose from, the first is advanced movement disorders botulinum toxin injection workshop, and the second is movement disorders review for young neurologists.
Through the conference days there will be a chance for you to visit the meeting exhibitors to see what they have currently available and what they will offer for the future.
Before we end the meeting, we will appreciate if all participants will join us for a closing remark to give their feedback about this activity and how we will improve our future gatherings.
Again, we welcome you all and we hope you find the meeting beneficial and enjoyable.
Manal Badawi & Ahmad Basndwah
Movement disorders specialists
King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center Jeddah Saudi Arabia
Organizing Committee: Manal Badawi, Ahmad Basndwah, Saeed Bohlega, Youssef Al Said, Khalid Alqadi, Weam Al Amoudi, Abdulrahman Bouges, Nouf Alfaidi
Scientific Committee: Ahmad Basndwah, Manal Badawi, Saeed Bohlega, Mona Obaid, Zakeyah Al Dajani, Jihad Maglan, Majed Al Otaibi